Monday, March 2, 2015

Coming soon...

Travel plans are in the works!

First and foremost - Vegas, baby!

This trip came about by way of a little group of Photo Scavengers over on Google+.  Every couple of months, we sign up, and we impatiently wait for the coveted list of words to hunt for and concepts to create.  While we wait, and while we hunt, and while we create... we also have the opportunity to get to know the other hunters, ask for/lend assistance when needed, and generally enjoy the close-knit community we've become over the years.  Oh, and the photo reveals are outstanding!

After so long of playing and chatting online, we've decided to congregate in Las Vegas and meet... for real... in person!!  How amazing!!  We'll meet, we'll have presentations, and field-trips, and studio time... and I'm ridiculously excited to do it all... of course, all of this in addition to meeting some of the people I've been playing this game with for years.  Over 130 of them.

It's going to be a rough few days at work this week... *sigh*














The Boy is going to do a week-long 2-stroke motorcycle meet on the Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee again this May.  Sounds like it should be a fun time.  I drove down to rescue him after some mechanical issues last year... I won't be able to easily do it again this year, so I hope he's ready.  But the area is truly gorgeous, and if the weather cooperates for him, he should have a fantastic time!

Later this summer, we are both going back west to loosely re-create my trip to the Pacific Northwest that I did last year.  With some modifications, of course.  We're looking forward to more time driving on the Pacific coast beaches (in the Jeep and his motorcycle), more time hiking in the rain forests, and more photo opportunities.  We'll take around 16 days, round trip.

In the interim, there will be weekend trips for my photo work like there were last year.  Last year took me to Wisconsin and Michigan... in addition to day trips around home.  It's too early to know for sure, but I'm optimistic that I'll be out and about just as often this year.