Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Final Countdown

I'm at a couple of days left before starting the trip west... first to Portland, OR... later to Bow, WA.  I leave Saturday morning.  I'm super-excited... and also a little nervous about traveling that far on my own.  But, it's part of the adventure - and I'm all for a good adventure!

Mother Nature did her best to prevent completion of work to the Jeep, but fortunately the Jeep gods were smiling and we prevailed. The donor transfer case and transmission are in and working as they should.  I've completed all tune-up items, reinstalled the armor today, and even did some touch-up paint work.  Tonight, I installed the power inverter, added the memory foam mattress bedding and sleeping bag.

At this point, it's all about packing my clothes and other necessary things.  I have tonight and all day tomorrow to get of those items squared away.  I have a bit of laundry and shopping to do tomorrow, but I'm feeling relatively comfortable with the amount of things still left to do.  Outside of my chariot, I didn't do much advance preparation... and I still feel like I'm in a good place.

I'll still be unable to process and post "finished" photos from this trip.  That being said, I do still plan to take and upload images - either from my trusty cell phone camera, or some straight-out-of-camera shots.  I don't think I'm capable of not posting *something* for the entire duration of this trip.  That's just crazy-talk.  :)  I'm also going to experiment with the Blogger app on my phone... to post and upload via that.  Not sure, yet, how that will work out... so be warned of technical difficulties.

So, that's it.  It's come down to the wire, and although the last many weeks were crazy with repairs, planning and other obligations, it seems as if things have fallen into place.  In just a day and a half, the games shall begin!