Sunday, August 5, 2012

Last Week, This Week

One week over and done at Lifetouch - it was training week.  Overall it was a good time.  It didn't feel at all like work... it really compared more to a good college course. Completely educational - I'll definitely use skills learned last week in my photography for years and years to come - regardless of if I stay at Lifetouch for a long period of time or not.  Also, highly entertaining - you can tell my trainer/supervisor knows his stuff and loves to share his wealth of knowledge.  You really can't ask for too much more than that.

Next week... well, one more day of 'real' training tomorrow.  Tuesday thru Friday will be on location with some of the seasoned veterans to both observe and assist with the picture day flow.  To start to get our feet wet a little.  After next week, I'll be issued my own set of equipment and will be responsible for my own portraits.  I'm looking forward to that.

Today I had my first newborn photo shoot, and was honored to meet and work with a 2-week old young man named Wyatt. He was quite the gentleman and charmer.  I look forward to working with the photos this week and producing the best images possible to bring back to the clients. 

Here's to a productive work week... but here and away from home!