Saturday, April 14, 2012

Could feel like home...


Never have I been in love with any single place than with everything I've seen today.

Ever.

Not the southwest Colorado area, not northwestern Montana, nor anywhere else that I have claimed to love in the past. Those places were simply miniscule high-school crushes in comparison to where I've been, and what I've seen and experienced today.

I've heard so many stories in the last couple of days... people that were born and raised here, moved away, only to return. People who moved or spent a significant amount of time here and then returned to where they once came from... only to return again on a permanent basis. People who have moved, and have not returned... and are now kicking themselves in the ass for doing so.

I've only been here 3 days, and I am quite certain that I will live here someday. I feel more comfortable, more at peace and at ease, all the while exhilarated than anywhere I've ever lived or traveled in my short little lifetime (insert “I've been everywhere, man, I've been everywhere”). It's something cant can't be ignored – or shouldn't be.

Alaska really IS nature on steroids – and I'm addicted.