Saturday, October 23, 2010

No dice on the Montana job...

But it was a fun trip.

Two flights out.  Two flights back.  Both with connecting flight in Denver.  Whatever desire I had for flying ahead of time has been entirely extinguished.  It'll be road-tripping for this gal for awhile now.  Not that I don't enjoy flying.  I was accustomed to direct flights.  But 4 flights in 3 days can be a killer, I've found.

Overall the trip was a good time.  Beautiful scenery to enjoy, and just enough free time to wander around some.  I didn't get to go as far as I would have liked because of the rental Toyota Corolla (it certainly wasn't the Jeep), but I still got to some places off the beaten path.

The job didn't work out for a few reasons.  The biggest issue was that my training as a therapist, and their training are at opposite ends of the spectrum.  I was taught to approach the technique in a far different way than they were.  This may be because the state of Montana was not a licensed state until just this past July... so up until then, any/all types of training were acceptable - even if it was poor training.  Because of all this, I didn't have the technique that they wanted... nor was I comfortable working in that kind of environment because it wasn't something I was familiar with.  There was no bitterness on either side - I was really appreciative for the opportunity to interview with them, and they were happy to have me there.

And it was kind of a fun way, albiet expensive, to kill 3 days.  :o)


Bozeman, MT airport
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Hwy 191 between Bozeman and Big Sky
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 541 x 720)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 541 x 720)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 541 x 720)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 541 x 720)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Stupid little rental car...
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Lone Mountain in Big Sky
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 541 x 720)Image
Mountain Village - Big Sky
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Soldiers Church in Big Sky
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Taken from forest service roads
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 541 x 720)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 541 x 720)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 541 x 720)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 541 x 720)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 541 x 720)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 720 x 541)Image
Zoom in (real dimensions: 541 x 720)Image