Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I've got this gianormous stack of paperwork on my desk at work... places to check out while on the road.  I know we won't see most of the stuff.  However, it's in my nature to prioritize and say, "okay, I have to see this, this, and this..." I can't do that on this trip - many of these things happen to be on opposite sides of the state which makes it not at all feasible.

The only places for certain?

Missouri Breaks Backcountry Byway
Polebridge/Kintla Lake areas
Glacier National Park

Everything else is up for grabs.

Have been researching bear spray for the trek.  Between that and bells for clothing/packs, we should be okay in terms of bear preventative.  If no one hears from me after Labor Day, just assume we became bear kibble.  :o)  No other 'special' gear is necessary... just pack like I would do for any other camp trip, and we should be golden.