Saturday, August 7, 2010

20 days left!  XD

I got the notification from Cabela's this morning that the new tent came in.  I went and picked it up this afternoon, and then proceeded to learn how to set it up. 

It's a  Coleman Hooligan 4 tent.  The dome tent portion is very simple - it's like my green 2-man tent that I use in the wintertime. 














The more difficult part was the rainfly.  I'm used to tents that have the rainfly that are the same shape as the tent.  This wasn't horrible though.  It took me awhile to set it this time around, but I'm sure I can cut the time in half (at least) the next time I set it. 














This tent is a lot more spacious inside than the stupid, cheap orange tent I have - for that I'm very happy.  It also has a great ventilation system, and really great protection against the weather... AND a vestibule area to keep wet shoes and such so that you don't have to bring them inside!  Woohoo!  I'm excited to use it!

I spent a couple of hours water-proofing it... I'll probably let it stand all night, and then pack it away tomorrow afternoon.