Sunday, March 7, 2010

Prepping... to prep.

I've gotten the word out for my intent in a couple of places - a couple of the jeep boards, Facebook, and some other sites that a frequent. I hear a common theme... get my hands on a book called "The Milepost." This book essentially tells you everything out there on the Alaskan Highway, and is a great resource. This is going on my to-do list.

I've also encountered one person (so far) that lives in Alaska. He's agreed to answer questions that I have and give some insight on what to do/not to do. He's already been a great help to me in the last few days.

The Adventures in Travel Expo is coming to Chicago in the next couple of weeks. I go to this every year because they have fun things to do, and it's always kinda nice to daydream about places to go... things to do. This year is the first that I'll have a real destination, a real plan in mind. I'm very excited to find what the Alaska/Canadian booths have to offer in way of maps and planning guides.

The show will help with this year's summer excursion as well - we're trekking back to Montana.