Monday, March 29, 2010

I received the 'Scenic Drives - Alaska & The Yukon' book in the mail late last week. I haven't really taken any time to thumb through it yet. A lot of the Alaska literature is currently sitting on standby till I have some time to dig into it. I'm looking at at least a couple of weeks until I can do that. Life has been keeping me busy.

I do follow the adventures of Andy Skurka though - if you don't know anything about this guy, you really should. He is currently on a 7-month, 4700 mile circuit through Alaska. He's doing this on foot, by ski, and raft. A few years back, he did the Great Western Loop - starting in the Grand Canyon. He made a clockwise loop to the west coast, up through the Pacific Northwest, and then south again.

More info here: http://www.andrewskurka.com/AK10/index.php

More later...